Food processing can be done with a variety of methods or techniques, ranging from frying until steaming. Unfortunately, some cooking techniques turned out to be making a lot of nutrients in some type of food become lost.
Learn About The Various Methods Of CookingYou must have often cook with various ways below. Now, yuk, find out strengths and weaknesses of each.
Read also ; How to prevent and cope with tired eyes
1. SautéingThis technique is generally classified as healthy because the time it takes to cook. Sauteing vegetables in antioxidants can make staying awake and beta-carotene are more easily absorbed.
However, there are studies that found that vitamin C in red cabbage and broccoli would be reduced if fried. to make it more palatable, add water or broth to a low salt to help keep the quality of the food, both in terms of taste or of his content.
2. FryThis method is most often used for cooking because it makes food into crisp, cooked entirely, and taste good. Even though fried, vitamin C and B in food usually stay awake.
However, this technique had a lot of shortcomings, such as:
When heated with the temperature too high, oil for frying can contain toxic aldehydes that increase the risk of cancer and disease. Moreover, if the oil is used repeatedly.
Causes loss of nutrients from some type of food ingredients, such as omega-3 content in the tuna.
Food so contain more trans fats and calories, which is at risk of harm to health.
To make it more healthy, you can choose olive oil or coconut oil for frying.
3. The SteamingSteaming is one of the best cooking methods for making vitamin in food staying awake. A study found that vitamin C in the cabbage, spinach, and broccoli steamed just disappear in the amount of 9-15%.
The drawback, steaming makes the taste of the food to be more bland. However, you can add a variety of herbs and sauces.
4. BoilToo long to boil vegetables tend to be making his nutritional missing, lho. Vitamin C in vegetables, such as spinach, broccoli, and lettuce can be lost as much as 50% when boiled. But boil fish instead will maintain the omega-3 fatty acids contained in it.
5. Burning or direct heat grillingIn addition to making about 40% of B vitamins and minerals on the meat being missing, this technique is also at risk of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons cause (PAHs). A substance that comes from the meat fat drippings fall into this hot surface could potentially cause cancer.
Even so, burns foods can actually lower cholesterol levels in meat.
6. Bake with ovenThis technique is common for cooking meat, bread, and cake. How to cook proves to be able to maintain the various vitamins and mineral content in food. Unfortunately, the content of vitamin B in the flesh can be lost approximately 40% due to too long exposed to the heat.
7. Using a microwaveDespite the commonly used microwave to warm food, in fact can also be used for microwave cooking certain kinds of food. Cooking with a microwave is considered as the most appropriate way and easy to maintain nutrients in the food.
With a microwave, the time it takes to process the food tends to be short. The food was not directly exposed to the heat of the fire. Compared to other methods, vitamin C in vegetables cooked with microwaves just missing 20-30%.
Read also ; Conquering High Blood Pressure Foods
Bottom line, there is no single way of cooking that is certainly appropriate and most healthy to cultivate all types of food. After reading the advantages and disadvantages of various cooking methods on the top, hopefully you've got a better description for the type of cooking certain foods with healthier. Good luck!
Other Article :