Definition of CoronavirusCoronavirus or Corona virus is a large family of viruses that causes a mild to moderate upper respiratory tract infection, such as flu disease. Many people are infected with this virus, at least once in its lifetime.
However, some types of corona viruses can also cause more serious illnesses, such as:
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV).
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Until now there are seven coronavirus (HCoVs) that have been identified, namely:
- SARS-COV (which causes acute respiratory syndrome).
- MERS-COV (Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome).
- COVID-19 is also known as Coronavirus Novel (causing an outbreak of pneumonia in the city of Wuhan, China on December 2019, and spread to other countries from January 2020. Indonesia itself announces the case of Garry 19 from March 2020
Coronavirus Infection Risk FactorsAnyone can be infected with Corona virus. However, infants and young children, as well as people with weak immunity are more susceptible to this virus attack. In addition, season conditions may also be influential. For example, in the United States, Corona virus infections are more common in autumn and winter.
In addition, a person who lives or visits a region or country that is prone to corona viruses, is also at risk of suffering from this disease. For example, a visit to China, especially the city of Wuhan, was once a COVID-19 outbreak that began in December 2019.
Read also : Know a quick way to lower cholesterol is here
Causes of Coronavirus infectionCoronavirus infection is caused by Corona virus itself. Mostly corona viruses spread like other viruses in general, such as:
- A splash of saliva (cough and sneezing).
- Touching the hand or face of an infected person.
- Touching the eyes, nose, or mouth after holding the item exposed to the water splash of the corona virus.
- Stools or feces (rare)
In fact these viruses rarely evolve and infect humans and spread to other individuals. However, the case in China is now the real evidence that this virus can spread from animal to human. In fact, now the transmission can be from human to human.
Read also : List of foods that Contain High Vitamin C
Coronavirus Infection SymptomsCorona viruses can lead to a variety of symptoms. These emerging symptoms depend on the type of Corona virus attacking, and how serious the infection occurs. Here are some symptoms of corona virus that is relatively mild:
- The nose is edged.
- Sore throat.
- Feel bad body.
- Fever that may be high enough if the patient is suffering from pneumonia.
- Cough with slime.
- Shortness of breath.
- Chest pain or tightness during breathing and coughing.
Read also : Advantages and disadvantages of various cooking techniques
Coronavirus Infection DiagnosisTo diagnose a Corona virus infection, the doctor will start with anamnesis or a medical interview. Here the doctor will ask about the symptoms or complaints that patients suffer. In addition, the doctor will also conduct a physical examination, and blood screening to help enforce the diagnosis.
The doctor may also conduct phlegm tests, take samples from the throat, or other respiratory specimens. In case of suspected coronavirus novel infections, the Doctor will do a throat swab, DPL, hepar function, kidney function, and PCT/CRP.
Complications of Coronavirus infectionCorona viruses that cause SARS disease can cause complications of pneumonia, and other severe respiratory problems when not treated quickly and appropriately. In addition, SARS can also cause respiratory failure, heart failure, liver, and death.
Almost identical to SARS, the coronavirus novel can also cause serious complications. This viral infection can cause pneumonia, acute respiratory syndrome, renal failure, and even death.
Coronavirus Infection TreatmentThere is no special treatment to overcome corona virus infections. Generally the people with will recover by itself. However, there are some efforts that can be done to relieve the symptoms of Corona virus infection. Examples:
- Taking medication is sold freely to relieve pain, fever, and cough. However, do not give aspirin to children. In addition, do not give cough medicines in children under four years.
- Use a humidifiers or a hot bath to help relieve sore throat and cough.
- Take a break.
- Strengthen body fluid intake.
- If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, please contact the nearest health care provider.
If the patient has a coronavirus novel infection, the Doctor will refer to the local Ministry of referral RS. If it cannot be referenced for some reason, the doctor will do:
- The thoracic photo series is as indication.
- Symptomatic therapy.
- Fluid therapy.
- Mechanical ventilator (when the breath fails)
- When there is accompanied by bacterial infections, antibiotics can be administered.
Coronavirus Infection Prevention
- Frequent breaks wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds until clean.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth when your hands are dirty or unwashed.
- Avoid direct or close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching animals or wild fowl.
- Cleans and sterilises the surface of frequently used objects.
- Cover the nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing with tissue. Then, dispose of the tissue and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Don't leave the house in a sick state.
- Wear a mask and immediately get medication to the health facility when experiencing symptoms of airway disease.
When to go to a doctor?
Other Article :