|cancer symptoms lung|
Cancer senseCancer is a disease that occurs due to the growth of uncontrolled abnormal cells, causing normal body tissues to be damaged. Essentially, the human body consists of trillions of cells scattered in each organ and part. Later on, these cells will continue to grow and develop into new cells. Because it has been replaced, naturally unhealthy cells, not functioning and old will die.
While cancer cells will not die on its own. The cell will multiply to an amount that is uncontrollable again. This change can trigger the appearance of cancer cells. This disease can appear on any part of the body because it is derived from cells in the human body. It answers the question of why cancer is a lot of type. Based on reports and research, there are more than 200 different types of cancer diseases.
Read also : Coronavirus
Risk FactorsThere are many factors that increase the risk of developing cancer. Among others:
- Family history.
- Age. Age over 65 years is more risky to experience cancer.
- Bad habits. Such as consuming excessive alcohol, smoking, excessive sun exposure, obesity, and unsafe sex.
- Health conditions. Some chronic health conditions, such as ulcerative colitis also increase the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Environment. Hazardous chemicals such as asbestos and benzene at home or workplace can be factors that increase the risk of this disease.
Cancer causesThe main cause of cancer is the occurrence of change (mutation) in genes in cells. Contained thousands of DNA in genes that give instruction to the cell to carry out its function on the body organ where the cell lives. However, the process is not necessarily perfect. When self-cleavage occurs, there is a risk of a new cell of the division containing a defective gene or too much duplication. It is termed a mutation of genes, characterized by the alteration of the structure of the gene.
Usually, a new gene mutation will potentially cause cancer if it occurs more than five times and involves a different gene. This process can take up to years until the cells divide themselves and form a large enough cancer cell. It is only symptoms start to appear and cancer cells appear when the body is examined. But in children, gene damage has occurred since the womb or since birth.
In general, there are two factors that cause cancer most often, namely internal factors (such as heredity) and external factors (eg, hormonal changes, obesity, lack of exercise, smoking habit, as well as exposure to radiation, viruses, and chemical substances).
Symptoms of cancer
- An unusual lump appears;
- Changes to the skin;
- Problems in the lymph nodes;
- Weight loss without cause;
- Prolonged cough or shortness of breath;
- The emergence of pain without cause; Dan
- Bleeding is not normal.
If you have one of the signs or symptoms of cancer mentioned above, or have any questions about the symptoms of the disease, you should speak to the doctor immediately.
Cancer DiagnosisDiagnosis of cancer should be done immediately so that the treatment can be done. This is of course for the opportunity to recover the higher level especially in the early stages. In addition, there is one or more approaches that doctors can use in diagnosing the disease. Diagnosis can be done such as physical examinations, blood tests (laboratories), MRI tests, ULTRASOUND, X-rays, and CT scans (as imaging tests) and also biopsies.
Read also : Advantages and disadvantages of various cooking techniques
Cancer treatmentTreatment in cancer depends on the type and stage of the disease, the potential side effects, as well as the general choice and health of the patient. In general, the following are the most common cancer treatments:
- Chemotherapy, is a treatment that uses chemical substances with a strong intensity to kill fast-growing cells in the body. Chemotherapy is most often used as a method of cancer treatment, because the cells of the disease develop faster than normal cells in the body. Chemotherapy drugs can be used alone or combined as cancer medications. Chemotherapy is an effective way to treat many types of this disease, but it does have the risk of side effects that should also be wary of.
- Radiotherapy, a method of cancer treatment that relies on radiation using high energy waves such as, X-rays, Gama, protons, and electrons to kill cancer cells. Although radiotherapy is the most common method of cancer treatment, it is sometimes used to treat patients who are not affected by the disease, such as tumors and disorders of the thyroid gland.
- Targeted therapy, is a therapeutic method to treat cancer by using drugs or other chemicals to identify and attack the cancerous cells specifically without killing normal cells. These therapies include monoclonal antibodies, inhibitory tyrosine kinases, and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors.
- Quit smoking;
- Eat with a healthy diet;
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables;
- Brick processed meats;
- Maintain a healthy, physically active weight;
- Defend yourself from sunlight; and
- Get regular medical care.
Read also : Know a quick way to lower cholesterol is here
When to go to a doctor?
Other Article :