The name migraine may already be familiar sounding in the ears. However, what about abdominal migraines? As the name suggests, abdominal migraine is a migraine that occurs in the stomach, not the head. However, abdominal migraines often occur due to the same triggers as migraine headaches. Stomach migraines can feel very painful and cause nausea, cramps, even vomiting.
Abdominal Migraine is widely experienced by infants and children. Children whose family members have a history of migraine are more risky to experience this condition. Those who are exposed to abdominal migraines also typically experience migraine headaches as they grow older.
Abdominal migraines are also commonly experienced by young people who in the later days will suffer from a migraine attack. However, severe abdominal pain can also occur in migraine attacks in adults. Sometimes this is called gastric migraine or migraine in the stomach.
Abdominal migraines are often not diagnosed in adults. Therefore, when adult males and females experience symptoms, the syndrome or other disorders will be considered first, such as bowel syndrome, stomach acid reflux, or lactose intolerance.
Read also : 4 Examination for Detection of Abdominal Migraine
How is the symptoms?The signs and early symptoms of abdominal migraine are pain in the center of the body or around the belly button (not on the side of the body), which is called abdominal pain in the midline by the doctor. Some other signs and symptoms of this condition may include:
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Pale or flushed skin.
- Evaporate, sleepy, or not energized.
- Loss of appetite or can not eat.
- Dark circles under the eyes.
- Stomach migraines often occur suddenly and are quite severe, as well as without warning signs. The pain can disappear after an hour, or can last for up to 3 days.
Overcome with nutritious foodAbdominal idlers of migraine need to undergo healthy habits such as daily exercise, enough sleep, managing stress, and consuming nutritious foods or fiber foods. The types of nutritious foods to choose from are:
1. Wheat and GrainFoods such as breads and cereals usually contain fiber content in the body and can be tolerated to be digested deeper in the stomach. Grains rich in high fiber, such as brown rice, barley, quinoa and oatmeal in fact can help to smooth the flow of food that has been digested in the stomach.
Read also : Hemolytic Anemia
2. Foods High in ProteinMost foods for stomach ache such as food types of meat and fish can be digested well by the stomach. However, it is better than the choice of meat consumed containing protein-rich and low-fat. For example, low-fat meat without skin, or fish that is full of protein benefits in it.
3. BroccoliThis one vegetable, broccoli, is basically good for stomach pain food. Broccoli contains a chemical called sulforaphane, a useful substance that helps kill Helicobacter pylori (negative bacteria) because it has antibacterial properties.
A study on the 2009 published in the journal Cancer Prevention Research shows, that some people who have the Enlightenment contain Helicobacter pylori. If the person eats a dish containing half a broccoli cup per day for 2 months, it can help reduce stomach pain. This has a prominent effect on people who seldom eat broccoli, because in the absence of sulforaphane substances that can help to improve digestion in the stomach.
4. Banana and MelonBananas and melon are fruits with low acidity levels. Both fruits are highly recommended to be consumed by stomach disorders, because they help to stabilize the onset of gastric acid. In addition, there are other fruits with low acidity, such as apples and pears.
Read also : Coronary Heart Disease
5. Aloe veraAloe Vera plant is known as a natural herb and also a cure for stomach disorders. Aloe Vera is available in supplement form, or can be consumed immediately after cooking. Aloe Vera can reduce the risk of stomach ulcers and prevent the production of excess gastric acid. It also contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant.
6. CeleryCelery has almost no calories due to its high water content and is a good choice for nutrients if you have stomach acids or other abdominal disorders. In addition, celery can also be used as an appetite suppressant and is a very good source of fiber.
That's a little explanation of abdominal migraines and foods recommended for consumption. If you need more information about this or other health disorders, feel free to discuss it with your doctor.